Our field trips, like our programs, tend to run from September through June. These are almost invariably on the weekends, and we try to have at least one a month. Unlike most Audubon chapters, we are not exclusively bird-focused. Many of our members are equally interested in things such as wildflowers, trees, reptiles and amphibians, wetland ecology, edible wild foods, mushrooms, geology, and more. Make a habit of attending JVAS field trips and you’ll be sure to find out the surprises that nature has to offer! Contact field trip chair Susan Braun with any questions you may have: braun3112[at]gmail[dot]com or 814-574-0795.
- State Game Lands 166 Exploration - Sun Oct 06, 2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Allegheny Front Hawk Watch - Sun Oct 27, 2019 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Shaver’s Creek Walk and Live Raptor Tour - Sun Nov 10, 2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Post-Thanksgiving Day Hike - Fri Nov 29, 2019 - 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Last Day Resolution Hike - Tue Dec 31, 2019 - 11:00 am - 2:00 pm