Our field trips, like our programs, tend to run from September through June. These are almost invariably on the weekends, and we try to have at least one a month. Unlike most Audubon chapters, we are not exclusively bird-focused. Many of our members are equally interested in things such as wildflowers, trees, reptiles and amphibians, wetland ecology, edible wild foods, mushrooms, geology, and more. Make a habit of attending JVAS field trips and you’ll be sure to find out the surprises that nature has to offer! Contact field trip chair Susan Braun with any questions you may have: braun3112[at]gmail[dot]com or 814-574-0795.
- Greenwood Furnace Adventure - CANCELLED - Sat Apr 04, 2020 - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Trillium Hike on the Lower Trail - CANCELLED - Sat Apr 18, 2020 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Shaver’s Creek Walk & Live Raptor Tour - Sun May 17, 2020 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Bird walk at Allegheny Portage Railroad - Sat May 23, 2020 - 7:30 am - 10:30 am
- State Game Lands 198 - Sun Jun 07, 2020 - 12:00 am
- Maxine Leckvarcik Memorial Picnic - Tue Jun 16, 2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm