Our field trips, like our programs, tend to run from September through June. These are almost invariably on the weekends, and we try to have at least one a month. Unlike most Audubon chapters, we are not exclusively bird-focused. Many of our members are equally interested in things such as wildflowers, trees, reptiles and amphibians, wetland ecology, edible wild foods, mushrooms, geology, and more. Make a habit of attending JVAS field trips and you’ll be sure to find out the surprises that nature has to offer! Contact field trip chair Susan Braun with any questions you may have: braun3112[at]gmail[dot]com or 814-574-0795.
- Spring Creek Canyon Hike - Sat Sep 29, 2018 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- A Walk in Penn's Woods - Sun Oct 07, 2018 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Elk Viewing Field Trip - Sat Oct 13, 2018 - 2:00 pm - 6:45 pm
- Stone Mountain Hawk Watch - Sat Oct 20, 2018 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Bald Eagle State Park Birding - Sat Nov 10, 2018 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Post Thanksgiving Day Hike - Fri Nov 23, 2018 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Last Day Resolution Hike - Mon Dec 31, 2018 - 11:00 am - 2:00 pm