Juniata Valley Audubon Society Zoom Programs
The JVAS Board has decided that we want all of our members to stay safe during these Covid-19 uncertain times. Because we care about your health and safety, and because we want our members to feel connected, we are offering virtual meetings this fall via Zoom.
Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the FREE Zoom app from the Download Center at https://zoom.us/download. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
You can also join a test meeting (https://zoom.us/test) to familiarize yourself with Zoom.
JVAS Fall General Meetings via Zoom:
When: Tuesday Sept. 15, 2020 at 7pm
When: Tuesday Oct. 20, 2020 at 7 pm
When: Tuesday Nov. 17, 2020 at 7pm
When: Tuesday Dec. 22, 2020 at 7 pm
To join any one of these meetings, follow these instructions:
Try to log in about 5 – 10 minute before 7 pm.
– To join by computer, use this link:
– To join from the Zoom app on a smartphone: enter this meeting ID:
974 1822 9426
Passcode is: 123456
– To join by phone, call this number: +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
Enter the meeting ID followed by the pound sign.
974 1822 9426
Passcode is 123456
Our evening programs are designed for a general audience; all programs are free and open to the public. A free dinner, including shade-grown, organic coffee, starts at 6:00 PM, followed by the meeting at 6:45 PM. We meet in the Bellwood-Antis Public Library at 526 Main Street, Bellwood, PA, except in December when we meet at the Altoona Library in the Theater room. Please join us! The programs last about an hour, following a brief sharing of conservation news, wildlife sightings and club business, but due to the design of the room, audience members with time constraints are able to slip out at any time, and late-comers are welcome as well.
- Zoom Program: "The Bird Way" with Jennifer Ackerman - Tue Mar 16, 2021 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Zoom Program: "A Pictorial Tour of South African Fauna: Critically Endangered and Hanging on by Claw and Talon" with Don Bryant - Tue Apr 20, 2021 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Zoom Program: "What can we learn from studying diet in the American kestrel?" with Allison Cornell - Tue May 18, 2021 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm