Got a mystery bird? JVAS board member and crack birder John Carter has volunteered to help members of the public in central Pennsylvania identify birds. Feel free to contact him using the form at the bottom of the page, and include all the details you can remember. John also recommends the following apps and Facebook groups:
- Find more birds
- Keep track of your bird lists, photos, and sounds
- Explore latest sightings from around the world
- Join the world’s largest birding community
- Contribute to science and conservation
Merlin Bird ID App: https://merlin.allaboutbirds.org/. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology's goal is to help you and millions of others to learn about birds. Merlin is the most advanced bird guide app available, and is expanding to new regions of the world.
- PA Birders: Share exciting Pennsylvania bird observations, especially unusual species, high numbers, or remarkable behaviors. Also share interesting articles on the natural history and conservation of PA birds.
- ID that PA Bird! Pennsylvania Bird Identification: Send your PA bird pictures to help get your bird identified. Include date and approximate location (e.g. county) where the photo was taken in the description. Add comments on what you think it might be, and any other observations about the bird, such as habitat or behavior. This will help us guide you to a correct ID.