JVAS has had an active Conservation committee for most of its history. Our members have been active on such issues as acid mine drainage remediation, proposed highway expansions, inappropriately sited wind energy projects, advocacy for caves, wetlands and other fragile wildlife habitats, and many more. This section of the website spotlights the most urgent issues we're working on right now.
- Hawn's Bridge Peninsula (part of the Raystown Dam Natural Heritage Area) threatened by a proposed marina and resort
- Heller Caves and adjacent sections of the Lower Trail threatened by a proposed quarry
- Sunoco’s Mariner East Pipelines across Pennsylvania
- CAFO (Concentrated Animal Feedlot Operation) in Catharine Twp., Blair County
- CACAO Project linking Audubon to Honduras